A weekend away












Aaron went with his former modmates on a camping/fishing trip in Western Kansas. He was to be gone all weekend. So, to entertain myself and the kids, I decided to go stay with my only Kansas relatives in Lawrence. It was my first time staying at their new, beautiful home, and I had such a wonderful time!

It was a gift to be in a home where there were so many things that reminded me of home......where I was fed, loved, and accepted for who I really am.

The kids enjoyed each other, and we took in the sights of the KU homecoming parade.

Thanks, Ben, Marike, Felix, and Calvin for a lovely weekend. I look forward to many more!

7 comments:

kclblogs said...

so nice that this cousin-love has joined you in KS!

gwama said...

Great pictures ! Love the Jayhawks hat one!!! Should be on the cover of a mag!

kristin said...

i can't believe how much felix and abby look alike!

oh, love is evident.

kclblogs said...

funny! i think felix looks so much like mali! i guess they all look similar.

kristin said...

ah-haaaaaaaaaaaaa...he DOES look like mali!!!!

yes, they are all connected.

strong chappell genes, i guess.

AnnaMarie said...

What pictures! Thank you!!

Too long. Too long, indeed. It is TIME for a REUNION!

cultcrit said...

thanks for coming, Jen!
we had a great time, too.
Calvin moped around after you left, missing everyone.
hope you're feeling better.