Sick

I am so very sick and miserable. There is not much I enjoy about being sick, but there are a few comforts that I want to remember, and that have brought me relief while I lie in my bed.

echinacea tea with honey
Grossmama's garden soup with beef broth
a warm feather comforter
Bert's Bees lip balm
treasures my kids bring to me to cheer me up
Mama's homemade socks
the sound (and smell) of someone cooking dinner
green bean soup from the Breadbasket
someone holding my head or my feet
listening to Talk of the Nation
a steamy bath or shower
extra soft (the expensive kind) kleenex
extra strength Tylenol
a quiet house
slipping in and out of sleep
special snacks brought to my door
staying connected via my computer (because talking on the phone seems to hurt)
lavender oil
flexible work
children who can take care of other children for a moment
toast with honey, cut into triangles
a good dose of pity
a kiss on the cheek

While I haven't received all of the things on this list, just thinking about it makes me feel a little better.

7 comments:

kclblogs said...

hope you feel better. it's hard for me to ask for pity when i'm sick, but i've come to know that i need it! i hope you can get some good pampering, even if it's just a few things on that list.

gwama said...

Oh, Jen.


I want to give you all. Plus a long, long nap while the children are with me..............

Life isn't supposed to be like this. This distant. It's too, too hard.

Be well. I am loving you.

Christine E. said...

I am so very sorry you are ill. That stinks! I love your list. I hope you experience some of those items on a very deep level. Kind thoughts of care are sent your way.

Anonymous said...

Oh, Jen, your list makes ME want to be sick! And it reminds me of our childhood... all those things.
love, Wendy

Danelle said...

So sorry you're sick. It's hard to be a mom when you're sick too. I hope you're feeling well soon. Then, after you're feeling better you should still milk it for a few more days to get it for all it's worth!

Danelle said...

Oh man..that is not from Shelbie (the above comment) it's from Danelle. oops

kristin said...

oh, i want to come and hold your head...

and this makes me want to be sick...

which really means to be taken care of, i think.

cling to your list.