Plenty

It is hard these days to meet all the needs of a family of five, a dog, three (yes, I am embarrassed to say.....) cars, and a house with limited resources. This can drain on me mentally and emotionally. This morning I decided to try and find my "attitude of gratitude."

So I found, we have plenty of......

shampoo
black turtle beans
berries
toilet paper
warm coats
legos
instruments
socks
fresh chickens from Buhler
friends
lavender laundry detergent
books
paper

Now somehow I feel more blessed and less deprived than before......try it, this feels good!

5 comments:

kristin said...

hey, if we pool our "have plenty" lists, we could live a pretty sweet life.

and i know we already do...

Christine E. said...

What a perspective-giving assignment. Thank you!

kclblogs said...

i think i need this exercise today.

Danelle said...

I am thankful for all the laundry I did today because that means we have clothes to wear and aren't running around naked and cold.

I am also thankful for the vaccuum that I pushed today because that means we can walk on clean floors.

Thanks! This is helpful. I could go on and on...

Beverly said...

I have been thinking about your list of plenty and comparing it with mine...I was thankful for two whopping rolls of toilet paper, but now we're down to one. It's a good invitation to me to notice plenty in the moment it's happening. Thanks, Jen.