Barack





We loaded the girls up in the car and braved the cold lines to get in to see Barack Obama. It was an adventure. We were initially disappointed to get in the "overflow" room, but he surprised us and came in to greet us.

I was VERY impressed and excited about him, and while we were there, he received the "enthusiastic endorsement" of our own Govenor Sebelius, who rocks! The croud was diverse and extremely overwhelmingly supportive. It made me proud to live in Kansas!

Next week I am going to participate in my first Caucus (in support of Obama). If you are reading this locally, come join me Tuesday at 6.

3 comments:

Jonathan Andreas said...

His speech sounded inspiring. I'm so impressed he went to El Dorado, not only because I'm a Kansan, but because it shows how his roots and experiences connect him to so many across the country.

kclblogs said...

yes, i'm impressed with sibelius even from a distance. i love abby's involvement with this event -- it's great that you included her at that level.

Yo Kauffman said...

Thank you for making this trip happen for me (for sharing with me the magic ticket...not) Your excitement and commitment to this process are energizing and contagious.