Lydia (October, 2007)

Lydia is growing up so fast. She is doing wonderful work in school, and trying very hard to manage all the emotions that come with being nine. She is also working to self-regulate a bit, when it comes to exercise, diet, sleep, and self-care. In so many ways I admire her.

Lydia has started flute lessons, and when she practices, she enjoys it....



She is also busy writing stories and making up inventions. Her ability to create ideas and images astounds me. She has created a whole town of characters. This is her wipe-board work on "invenchuns" that I wanted to preserve before she erased. Hope you can see it.

3 comments:

kclblogs said...

love her!

kristin said...

amazing child...

my favorite thing she does is her quizzical

"really?"

when i tell her something new.

Jen said...

I just told her about the kids in India that are her age that were sold into slavery to make GAP clothes.....I got one of her "really?" questions.